5 Social Media Mistakes You’ve Probably Made
- Date: August 25, 2015
- Author: eDentalImage
- Comments: 0
Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Google+ are free and easy way to promote your dental practice. All you have to do is post funny pictures, interesting articles, or facts about your dental practice. Social media is so easy for dentists to use that sometimes they overlook some small mistakes that so many dental practices are guilty of making. Is your dental practice guilty of making any of these mistakes?
1. Always posting serious material – As a professional dentist, it’s easy to only post links to scholarly news happening in the dental world. But your patients want to see material they can relate to. Silly pictures, quotes, and funny stories are a more exciting way to grab the attention of your patients.
2. Giving free advice – This may seem like no big deal, but if you give out free dental advice with more medical detail than “Brush 3 times a day!”, it might be a little problematic. Just keep it simple! It’s better to let your patients come into your office so you can give them more serious dental advice in person.
3. Only some of your staff knows how to use it – Right now you may only have one or two staff members who completely manage all of your social media accounts. Posting regularly on social media is very important, so it’s good to have multiple employees trained on your social media policies.
4. Not posting regularly – It’s easy to forget about dental digital marketing, but posting regularly to Facebook and Twitter makes you more visible and builds up your reputation. So crank up your social media to posting at least twice a week!
5. Having an empty profile -Make sure you have completely filled out your profile with your credentials, points of contact, and website BEFORE you start posting. It’s important to give your followers all the information you can, so they can call and make an appointment straight from your social media page if needed.
Social media is meant to be fun, informative, and interactive. These mistakes are easy to overlook and may not be bringing your dental practice to it’s full social media potential!
If you’ve made any of these mistakes on social media before or just want more social dental marketing guidance, let us help you! Give our dental marketing experts a call at 1.800.591.8675