5 Ways to Make Your Social Media Posts More Engaging
- Date: June 5, 2015
- Author: eDentalImage
- Comments: 0
In our previous blog post, we gave advice on which social media accounts your dental practice should really be using to reach as many people in your community as possible.
Next up: What to do with your dental practice’s social media. It’s not enough to just have these accounts- you have to interact with your followers! If you want to build up your online reputation, follow our guide for creating engaging social media content.
- Know your audience – If you’re a specialized dental practice, tailor your content toward your largest audience segment. Are most of your followers male or female? Young or old? Are they interested in cosmetic or family dentistry? Finding this out allows you give your followers posts that actually interest them.
- Post at the right time – Timing matters. In order for your post to get the most likes, favorites, comments, and shares, you need to post it a time where people will see it. According to Hubspot, Facebook posts are most effective between 9am-7pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. More people check Twitter on weekends, and LinkedIn posts get the most attention between Tuesday and Thursday. Google+ users find that weekdays from 9-11am give their posts the most engagement.
- Keep your sense of humor – Social media is a place to let your personality shine. Talk to your fans and followers the way you would talk to your friends. People don’t get on Facebook or Twitter to read boring content, so give them something to laugh at!
- Images are important – According to Kissmetrics, images on Facebook receive 53% more Likes, 104% more comments, and 84% more click-throughs on links. People like to see what you do! Post pictures from around the office, or something relevant from online and see what a difference it makes in your social media campaigns.
- Promote yourself – You’ll probably see an increase in followers if they know you promote things solely through your social media accounts. Whether it’s t-shirt giveaways or discounts to new patients, it’s effective to occasionally offer deals to your follower base. Contests where you make your followers share the post to enter to win a prize are extremely effective in increasing not only your engagement, but also your reach.
Increased engagement is a great way to advertise your dental practice online and turn followers into patients. See what else eDentalImage can do to boost your business and visit our services page on our website.