How to Build Links
- Date: August 20, 2012
- Author: eDentalImage
- Comments: 0
Building links is an important part of great dental web design. When marketing your dental practice, there is so much to consider that it can feel overwhelming. It doesn’t have to be that way. Link building of the past was time consuming, boring, and often confusing. But today, there are more sophisticated and effective strategies that can be used to build links.
Having links on your website is an important part of online marketing. The more links that are connected (both coming in and going out from your website), the more online buzz will be created. This can help increase your search engine rankings.
When building links, it is important to remember that they need to be good links. Putting your link on a dozen random sites that have nothing to do with your services isn’t going to help your rankings. Your links should be:
- Clean – The links need to actually go to the place they say they are going. If you create a link to a toothpaste website, it must go to that website. If it links to a different website or an error page, this can negatively affect your search engine ranking.
- Relevant – Any links that you use need to be relevant to your dental website. If you are linking to a car dealership, there had better be a really great story connected to your services; otherwise this link will seem out of place and could cost you.
You not only want to have solid links on your dental website, but you want to have solid links that point to you as well. You can accomplish this by:
- Writing Articles – Write articles and post them on several of the article directory websites that are out there. You can link these back to your website to build credibility.
- Connecting with Other Websites – If there is another office that you regularly refer patients to, link to their site and ask them to link to yours. This is one way to create solid links and build a stronger relationship with partners. A blog about dental health may be an ideal place for a link, so consider asking to guest post on a helpful blog.
- Writing Press Releases – Do you want to announce your grand opening, a new treatment option, or a patient appreciation day? With press releases you will get your name out and some free publicity with links.
Need advice on how to properly build links or need help doing it? Just contacteDentalImage for a free dental web marketing consultation!