Modern SEO – Best Dental Practices
- Date: September 19, 2012
- Author: eDentalImage
- Comments: 0
If your practice has a website, chances are you delved into the world of dental online marketing already. And if you’ve explored the world of dental web marketing at least a little, then chances are you’ve heard the term “SEO”, or Search Engine Optimization.
Even if you’re not a savvy online marketer or computer whiz, you probably understand the basic concept behind dental SEO- getting your website to the top of results pages on popular search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing. What you might not know is just how complicated and difficult this can be. There are many different methods, techniques and strategies to improving a dental website’s rank on search engine results that experts use, and they are constantly changing with new web technology. Let’s run through some of the best basic dental SEO practices in use today:
- Keyword Research: One of the cornerstones of SEO, keyword research is still extremely relevant today, even within a rapidly changing field. At its core, keyword research is about identifying and understanding your current and potential client bases. What exactly do they need, and how can your practice help them? How will they identify the services your practice offers when they search? This is itself an art and a science, but in the end it will yield the best results to put you in touch with real-life patients.
- Go Local: If you’re really involved in the world of dental SEO, you might have heard how Local SEO is changing the face of modern SEO. People now search for places and services they need locally through search engines. Listing your practice in local directories is of critical importance, as search engines usually show these listings as credible, quality results. In addition, plenty of positive reviews and feedback on local review sites will help to increase your prominence as a trustworthy practice.
- Design: As always, an expertly designed and optimized dental website is one of the best ways to attract and retain online visitors, and help search engines rank your page. A website designed with SEO in mind is one that marries the necessities of search engine rankings with the ideal user experience. Search engines rely on a well-structured, searchable site, but also on the overall popularity and credibility of the site, which ultimately comes down to how many visitors it can draw in and engage.
- Don’t be Anti-Social:While you may consider your social media marketing strategy to be separate from the data analytics and details of SEO, the reality is that there is considerable overlapping between the two. In the age of Social Media users are constantly sharing information on sites like Facebook and Twitter, often in the form of links. Compound that with the fact that these sites now have ways for users to rate content (for example the “Like” button on Facebook) and you have the potential for highly credible links and content that send strong signals of quality and accuracy to search engines.
- The Overall Approach: While creating a successful dental search engine optimization campaign may seem like constant management and tweaking of miniscule details, when consistently managed together over time, these details can yield amazing results. It’s important to make your SEO efforts comprehensive and focus on the overall goal of increasing your rank, without getting bogged down in all the details.
How does your website rank? To find out, contact the experts at eDentalimage.comfor a free consultation and expert advice on how to best optimize your website.