Out of Plus, Out of Search: The Significance of Google+
- Date: January 22, 2014
- Author: eDentalImage
- Comments: 0
More and more people are switching to smartphones, making information accessible on-the-go through technology. An online presence is very important because if your dental office’s name does not come up at the top of a search, the searcher may not see it at all, never learning of your practice’s location and services.
Google+ for Business: What is it?
Google+ (pronounced Google Plus) is a host for business listings and work that is similar to yellow page listings, except they’re on the internet. These Google+ listings show up before any organic search results, which would be where your website URL would show. The listings appear at the top along with a flagged map of locations associated with the search.
So, if someone searches “dental services in Orlando” the top fourth of the page displays a map with numbered flags with the corresponding registered business listing to the left.
Advantages of Claiming Your Google+ Dental Service Page
In addition to being easy to create, and free, the following is a list of other reasons why you should claim your listing:
- Gives you the competitive edge over other local practices that have not claimed their listing.
- Provides a backlink to your website.
- Improves SEO.
- Places access to your dental service information above search results.
- Instantly improves visibility for your dentist office.
- Allows users to create driving directions to your location.
- Provides a place for people to give and read reviews.
- Lets you showcase your facility, equipment, and staff by adding pictures to your listing.
- Improves website traffic.
Never Overlook an Opportunity
A small office, like your dentist practice, can never overlook any opportunity for online exposure, especially if that exposure takes very little effort, puts your name and contact information exactly where it needs to be, and is completely free. Local dentists deserve exposure, and that’s why we recommend taking these steps in claiming a business listing:
- Claim your Google+ Account
- Optimize your Google+ Page
- Be active on your Google+ Page by responding to patient’s reviews and/or complaints
Once you have a listing, be sure to utilize all of the tools to get full benefit. Get creative and post pictures or video of your office’s location and facilities so that potential patients will recognize the building. You can also use video to introduce them to your dental practice and services. Remember, the more you add, the more you will stand out!