10 Ways to Increase Engagement on Facebook and Twitter
- Date: November 16, 2012
- Author: eDentalImage
- Comments: 0
Dental social media marketing is just like anything else when it comes to Facebook and Twitter. You want to engage your followers, but you don’t want to smother them. Each post you share has the potential to be shared with people who don’t know about you yet, making dental social media marketing an invaluable way to expand your dental office and grow your practice.
Here are five key ways to engage your followers on Twitter, and get more out of your Facebook page.
Twitter Dental Marketing Strategies
- Be consistent by pre-loading tweets – Space out your tweets throughout the day and make sure that you’re adding something regularly, so your followers always have you in mind.
- Use a photograph of yourself, rather than your logo – Surprise! People prefer connecting to someone online when they see a face.
- Try searching for your dental office on Twitter – Anytime someone uses your brand name or a relevant hashtag, you’ve got an opportunity to engage.
- Test Promos with bit.ly – You can find out which promos appeal to your users by using different bit.ly URLs and then seeing which get the most response.
- Update your bio – Keep your bio fresh and engaging and update it regularly – it makes a difference!
Facebook Dental Social Networking Marketing
- Ask questions and stay in the conversation – Your followers can learn a lot from their dentist. Offer questions on dental hygiene or on weird dental conditions and make sure you always provide an answer.
- Post shareable photos – This is a no-brainer, but it can’t be emphasized enough. A photo that gets shared is promoted to your friends’ network and connections.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for a “share” – Your followers like you – ask them to share the fun by sharing your page with their friends. You may be surprised at how many people hadn’t thought to do it already.
- Branch out with content – dental social marketing is hard because not everyone wants to hear about dentistry.Don’t be afraid to give your practice a bit of personality by going outside of your usual comfort zone with posts and content.
- Offer incentives for “likes” – When new followers consider liking your page, they should know they’ll benefit from a discount or promotion.
Social network marketing for a dental practice may seem hard at first, but if you get involved, you’ll benefit from the increased visibility. For more tips and tricks, or a free consultation contact eDentalImage today!