Yes, You Can! Boost Sales with Social Media
- Date: March 10, 2014
- Author: eDentalImage
- Comments: 0
In building your successful dental practice, it’s important to stay as relevant and connected to your patients as possible. What’s the easiest way to do that today? Staying connected through social media. Using social media to boost sales and build relationships has gone from a novelty in marketing, to a “should have” marketing element, to an essential part of every dental services’ marketing plan.
Why Social Media Helps in Boosting Sales
There are a number of surprising reasons why social media is valuable in the dental industry, and the help in boosting sales might top the list. Here are just a few reasons why dental offices should make social media a priority in boosting their sales:
1. Having a social media presence builds your brand in a competitive environment. Not everyone knows about your clinic, your offerings, or what makes your clinic unique. Social media provides the best platform for getting the word out.
2. Social medial helps you develop and expand your contact list through social shares, groups, and networks.
3. A social media presence helps you build your trust and credibility. It shows people on the web that you’re a place full of real people- people they can get to know and trust.
4. Staying involved in social media lets you gain sales intelligence and identify gaps of service in the community which you could fill.
5. Promotes your office 24/7, even when the clinic is closed.
How to Use Social Media To Boost Sales
Now that we know the why, it’s time to tackle how to use social media and make it work within the dental industry. Here are just a few practical and creative applications.
1. Use social media in developing “warm” referrals. One of the most helpful elements in social media is the value of your current patients. When a potential patient sees that one of the people in their network of friends or followers also follows your clinic, it serves as a warm referral without effort on your part or that of your patient. One way to tap into these warm connections is to offer specials for your current followers to share with their connections.
2. Use social media to promote informative blogs on your service offerings. Patients might forget or put off certain dental services. Promoting a blog on the importance of regular maintenance, for example, could encourage followers to schedule service.
3. Encourage patients to communicate with you through your Facebook page. A solid social media presence helps you stay aware of problems in patient service and resolve those issues quickly.
4. Measuring analytics can tell you what topics and posts interests your followers most, and you can focus on providing more of what works to further increase sales and minimize inefficiency.
5. Use social media to personalize your practice. For example, if one of your employees is getting married, you can have a buy-one-get-one special and publicize the occasion and the promotion simultaneously on social media.