Content is King: Writing for Dental Online Marketing
- Date: January 15, 2013
- Author: eDentalImage
- Comments: 0
One of the sayings most thrown around on the Internet is: content is king. And when it comes to creating strong dental marketing online, this couldn’t be more true. Your content needs to be smart, current and, most importantly, it needs to be relevant. In other words- it shouldn’t be just words on a page.
For starters, you should create content for all of your dental services. Create a web page for each of the services you offer. This could include: x-rays, cleanings, root canals, fillings, sealants, or specialized services. The more pages that you have that include well written details, the better online dental marketing will work for you.
To get you started, here are a few tips for clean content:
- Be Interesting – A helpful hint for writing dental content is to stop and ask yourself who your content is for, and if your content will be relevant for them. Are you writing for new patients? A younger generation? Parents? Consider your audience and their needs first, and the rest will flow smoothly.
- Keep it Short – You don’t have write on and on, page after page, in order for your content to valuable. In fact, most people won’t read beyond three to five hundred words.
- Optimize – Internet surfers aren’t going to wait for your content to load if it takes too long. The way that your page is coded will have a big effect on how quickly your page will load. This might also mean being careful with the images that you use, as this can slow down your site.
- Create Structure – Don’t write pages of content without sub-headers or images to break it up. Too many chunks of long content get boring to look at. Use the bold feature, chop up your paragraphs, create bullet lists, and even tables in order to make your content more diverse.
- Don’t Forget to Proof!– Make sure that there aren’t any grammar mistakes or spelling errors on your website. This is a huge turn off for readers.
These tips should help you get started on your way to making really great content that will appeal to your readers. For more help on content creation in all aspects of dental marketing, contact eDentalImage today for a free consultation!