Please follow this guide to locate domain name credentials to send to your project managers in an email to [email protected]
Note: If you purchased a domain name at sign-up, we have the domain name information we need to launch your website.
A verification email will be sent to the email we have on file; simply verify your domain by clicking the link in the email.
If you do not know your domain’s registrar login information, simply look up your domain on who.is.
On who.is, you will find your website’s registrar (company with which it is registered) and registrant (the person
or company who registered the name) in the Raw Registrar Data section. The most common registrars are
GoDaddy, Network Solutions, 1&1, etc. Once you locate your registrar, call their support number so they can
send your login information to you.
We have listed the contact numbers for some of the most common registrars below. If your registrar is not
listed below, simply look up their phone number on Google or contact us so we can help you locate it.
1&1: 1 (866) 991-2631
eNom: 1 (425) 274-4500
GoDaddy: 1 (480) 505-8877
Network Solutions: 1 (888) 642-0209
If your domain name provider requires a domain name transfer, first verify that you’ve backed up any emails at
addresses set up as [email protected] and request the EPP code to email to your project managers.
Here are the steps involved in transferring a domain:
2. You want control of the domain and request to start a transfer.
3. The registrant (person or company who did step 1) gives you an authorization code.
4. You email that transfer code to [email protected]
5. We use the authorization code to start the transfer.
6. Registrant verifies that transfer. They get an email sent to the contact they set in step 1.
7. The registrars (companies that specialize in selling/registering domains) transfer the domain.
8. We launch your website on that domain.
If you’re still unsure about how to obtain your domain information, please contact us.
We are more than happy to help you!