How to Optimize a Dental Facebook Page
- Date: February 5, 2013
- Author: eDentalImage
- Comments: 0
There has been a lot of speculation going around about optimizing Facebook business pages. Some people say to use keywords in uploaded files such as photos, others say keywords need to be in URLs, and others say SEO doesn’t work at all on Facebook. If you have a busy dental practice, you don’t have time to spend implementing every tip and trick. This post is designed to provide you with the most important dental search engine marketing techniques for Facebook.
- Choose A Great Name: It may seem silly to have this as a tip, but it’s the most basic and important tip. So many dental offices are named after the head dentist, but that may not be the ideal name for a Facebook page if you want to be found by people searching for dentists. It’s better to go with the actual name of the practice, instead of the name of the person in charge.
- Utilize The Custom URL: After you’ve gained 25 likes, Facebook allows you to create a unique vanity URL (or username) for your page. With URLs heavily influencing search engines, it’s important that your practice page URL accurately reflects your dental practice.
- Use Keywords Strategically: Much like traditional websites, keyword use is important for Facebook business pages. Use your best keywords in the “About” section- treat it like you would other biographical areas on your website, such as the Mission, About and Company Description sections. Include keywords relating to your specialties and local area and you’re good to go.
- Optimize Status Updates: Contrary to popular belief, status updates can and should be optimized. Keep in mind that the first 18 characters will act as the meta description, so write carefully. It’s also good practice to include links to your website in your updates. Post links to news about dental health so that your patients will be tempted to pass along the information, giving your Facebook page more visibility.
- Bring Them to You: Most importantly, make it easy for individuals to find your number so they can make an appointment, and make it simple for them to get from your Facebook page to your website. Your number should be prominently displayed on both your contact info and “About” section; the same goes for links to your website.
These may sound like no-brainers to maintaining a good Facebook page for your practice, but they also improve your SEO, which intern improves your website and brings you new patients. Don’t delay on implementing these tips, and watch and track your results over the weeks and months to come.
For more information on SEO, social media marketing and optimization, contact eDentalImage today for a free consultation!