- Date: March 14, 2014
- Author: eDentalImage
- Comments: 0
There are peak times for dentistry practices throughout the year, and these are the key time periods in which you can expand recognition of your office. The holidays are a busy time with most patients trying to balance a full schedule on top of their normal workload, yet it is also prime time for people to come in for their yearly check-up. In order to attract and retain this surge of potential patients, promotions and deals centered at these peak times are very important. It might not be what most people might expect, but for any dental practitioner, a well-timed seasonal promotion is one of the best ways to get noticed and promote action.
How to Make Seasonal Promotions Work
Timing’s everything in seasonal dental promotions, and the right promotion at the right time can result in a huge success. The trick is in knowing what the patients need, and when they want it. That means considering different holidays, taking into account local school academic calenders, etc. In general, it all comes down to analyzing what period that most people find is convenient to visit a dentist.
Especially around the holidays, people are looking for deals and ways to save money. Seasonal promotions are a great way for potential patients to find your offer whether it be through online marketing or paper coupons.
Here are some great ways to heat up your holiday promotions:
- Attract new patients during the winter season with holiday deals. Offer family deals, so that patients will want to bring their whole family in for check-ups. You can present it as a Christmas gift to patients to show your appreciation.
- Offer back-to-school deals before children return to school, a vital time period to establish long-lasting patient loyalty. This also is relevant to when students return from school.
- Offer special deals prior to large holidays, like New Years, where people will want to start the new year off with dental cosmetic procedures such as whitening and veneers.
- Anticipate need and run a seasonal promotion on seasonally related issues, such as cavities. Season offers like these can help inform your patient base about services they might not know you provide or set you apart from those clinics that don’t offer the same service.
- Create promotional items to reflect your specials, such as flyers and banners.
- Advertise your specials on your website and consider offering an additional perk to anyone providing your online code.
- Promote your special in social media, and in your blog and give readers a way to share your special with others.
- Share your specials in your newsletters and provide valuable information about the necessity and value of your service.
- Consider using a cross-over promotion with a related business, such as a local clinic. A cross-promotion can connect your to people that many not know of your services and encourage them to become loyal patients.
- Make each promotion unique so you keep patient interest.
The right deal can get people to your door. Just as important though, using seasonal promotions keeps your name in front of current and potential patients. In the dental industry, seasonal promotions are a wonderful way to keep your patients engaged and coming to your door when they need your services.